Sunday, December 4, 2016

A Very Merry Tag!


So the lovely Abby from Lavender Spring is doing a Christmas advent calendar event over on her blog, where she'll be posting a Christmas-related post each day leading up to Christmas (you go, girl!). I'm so excited, and today I'm here to answer her questions from her Very Merry tag! Here's the link to the questions so that you can fill them out yourself, and join in on the Christmassy fun at Abby's delightful blog! :)

And now, onto my answers!

1.) Does it snow where you live around Christmas? (If it doesn't, you have my sincere sympathy.) How much? Any special snowy Christmas stories?

White Christmases don't happen very often where I live; we normally have to wait until January or February for snowy days to arrive. But I do remember once, about six years ago, when it snowed pretty heavily on Christmas day. That was a happy Christmas! For now, I'll just be dreaming of, and praying for, another white Christmas this year. 


2.) Do you get a real tree or a fake tree?

My family used to always put up a fake tree, but since last Christmas, we've gotten a real tree instead. And I have to say that I like having a real one much better! They just look a lot nicer and smell absolutely wonderful. And isn't there something so neat about going to a Christmas tree lot and searching for just the right tree?

3.) What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Let's see...I love White Christmas, because it's such a fun, lighthearted movie, full of so many catchy songs and pretty costumes. But I also really like It's A Wonderful Life, even though I've only seen it once or twice, because it's such a beautiful, touching story with a great meaning.


4.) Where in the world would you like to spend Christmas the most?

Well, as the song says, "There's no place like home for the holidays!" But I think it would be lovely to visit somewhere in New England at Christmas time. I've seen pictures of quaint little towns in that area during Christmas, with all the snow and farmhouses, and it looks so beautiful.

5.) What fictional/literary character would you most like to spend Christmas with?

Maybe Emma Woodhouse or Anne Shirley. Either would be fun to spend the holidays with, I think. :)


6.) What is your favorite Christmas song?

Oh, this is such a tough question because I have SOO many favorites! But to keep things simple, I think I'll go with "The First Noel." I've always loved that one! And a new favorite that I've discovered recently is "In the Bleak Midwinter." 

7.) What is your favorite Christmas book/story (besides, ya know, the story)?

I really like this book that my grandparents gave me last Christmas called Christmas Blessings. It's a short collection of traditional Christmas carol lyrics, Christmas stories, Bible verses about Jesus' birth, and interesting Christmas facts.


8.) Which do you prefer: multi-colored lights or white lights?

I'd have to say white lights, because they're so bright, simple, and classy. Colored lights are pretty, too, (in fact, that's what my family has always used on our tree!), but there's just something about bright white lights twinkling on a dark green tree.

9.) What time period/decade would you most like to spend Christmas in?

I think the 1950s would have been a nice decade to spend Christmas in, mostly because my favorite Christmas movies are set during that time period and it makes me feel a bit nostalgic for that era. The early 1900s comes in close second, though, because then I could go for sleigh rides. :)

10.) Which period drama has the best Christmas scene/episode?

I looove the Christmas scene at the end of Samantha: An American Girl Holiday. On Christmas morning, Samantha's aunt and uncle tell her that they want to adopt her, along with her best friend and her two sisters. It's such a sweet, heartwarming scene! And after that, they hand out their presents in a room that's decorated beautifully for Christmas. I just love this movie. :)

Thanks Abby for this fun, festive tag! I had a lot of fun answering these questions, and now I tag anyone who is reading this to go answer them yourself! 

Have a lovely day!
Molly

*Photos found via Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I didn't even think of It's a Wonderful Life! Yes that is one of my favorites!! Lovely answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, it's such a sweet movie! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for filling out the tag! :) It snowed all day yesterday by me, so a white Christmas is looking pretty likely for me...maybe you should visit! :) I'm so glad you got a real tree! I don't know what I would do without that real smell and feel. Haha, sleigh-rides occurred to me too for the early 1900s! And skating around in dresses.:P And woohoo to the Samanthat movie! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're welcome, it was fun! :D Wow, really?! Maybe I should visit, then...all we've had so far is rain! ;) Yeah, now that I know what it's like to have a real tree, a store-bought tree just wouldn't seem right. Ooh, I didn't even think about skating around in dresses! Yes, that would be awesome. :) I know, it's such a good movie! I think it might be my favorite out of the original American Girl movies.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. My dear Molly,
    This was such a beautiful, Festive post which I heartily enjoyed reading! {{smiles}} Now you have me dreaming of a white Christmas...it is Summer here in South Africa and the days are warming up...it is 80+ degrees today!
    I loved your answers to these Christmas questions...and I think I have to see the movie, Samantha: An American Girl Holiday...oh, it sounds so sweet!
    Aww and having a real Christmas is wonderful...sadly we only put ours up a few days before Christmas as it dies too quickly in the summertime heat! Someday I hope to experience a true White Christmas...oh, what joy!
    Hugs to you, friend and enjoy this wonderful season celebrating our Saviour's birth!
    Kelly-Anne
    I adore your Festive blog design, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly-Anne! Oh wow, that sounds like Christmas here in Virginia last year; it was in the seventies on Christmas day! Not exactly the weather one hopes for at Christmas time. ;)
      Aww yes, you should definitely watch it some time! It's such a heartwarming movie. (Actually, if you search it up on Youtube, it's on there!)
      I hope you have a very merry Christmas, too! And enjoy your real Christmas tree, even if you can't keep it up for very long. :)
      Thank you for sweet comment! :D

      Delete
  4. Same about the snow...last time we had snow for Christmas was about 6 years ago too!
    Yes, Emma or Anne would be perfectly lovely for Christmas. :)
    I love both of those songs!!!
    YES to the 50's...that would be lovely. :)
    Love your new look by the way!!! Beautiful. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Rae!
      Right?! Oh, I just love that era. :)
      Thank you, I'm glad you like it! It took me a while but I'm happy with how it turned out. :) Merry Christmas to you, too!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Molly! I just stopped by, and I have to tell you how charming your Christmas-y blog design is! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment, and always enjoy hearing what you have to say! Just be sure to keep it clean and civil. Oh, and don't forget to click the "Notify Me" button, as I always try to respond to comments. Thank you!! :)