Thursday, December 15, 2016

My Favorite Instrumental Christmas Songs


Since it's now only ten days until Christmas (wait WHAT?!), I figured I should probably get around to the Christmassy blog posts I've been wanting to do before it's too late. So today I've put together a quick little post about my favorite instrumental Christmas music! Because as much as I love all of the traditional carols and hymns, vintage Christmas tunes, and modern songs, it can be nice sometimes to just have some festive instrumental music playing in the background, ya know?



A Charlie Brown Christmas

This is such a lovely album. It's just so...so...CHRISTMASSY! (Wow, I'm great at describing things, aren't I?) I've been listening to this one a lot lately while doing schoolwork. My favorite track would have to be "Skating," but seriously, every single song on this album is great! (I'd really like to have this one on vinyl...)


Christmas by Mannheim Steamroller

This album is just plain awesome. It's the perfect combination of lively, upbeat songs and slower, peaceful carols. Mannheim Steamroller really does have some wonderful Christmas music!


Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson

I just love this version of Sleigh Ride! I guess technically it's more of a winter song rather than a Christmas one, but I've always associated it with the Christmas season. :)


O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by Casting Crowns

This rendition of "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" by the Christian group Casting Crowns is absolutely beautiful! I love the violin and the piano in it, and just everything about it, really. IT'S AMAZING.

Do you have any favorite instrumental Christmas songs/albums?

Yours truly,
Molly

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, the Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

3 comments:

  1. Oh Molly, what a lovely selection of favourites! I had to smile... Sleigh Ride, by Leroy Anderson is a piece my sister recently played with the orchestra at their Christmas concert! {{smiles}} Such a lovely piece of music and love it!
    Ah, I haven't heard this song by Casting Crowns before (I love their music!) so thank you, I will listen to it!
    Christmas blessings...and much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh how neat! Last year my cousin played Sleigh Ride with his band, and it really is a lovely piece to see performed live. :)
      Oh cool, I'm sure you'll love it! I really like Casting Crowns' music, too.
      Thank you for your sweet comment, as always!
      Molly

      Delete
  2. Love all of these, especially the Steamroller! :) And Christmasy is the perfect word for it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment, and always enjoy hearing what you have to say! Just be sure to keep it clean and civil. Oh, and don't forget to click the "Notify Me" button, as I always try to respond to comments. Thank you!! :)