The Five Things Tag

A couple of weeks ago I saw both Hamlette and Olivia do this tag, and it looked like it would make for a quick, fun post! So here goes. :)

5 Things You'll Find in My Purse
  • My keys
  • Hand sanitizer
  • My wallet
  • Headphones (for when I'm on my break at work ;P)
  • Chewing gum

5 Things You'll Find in My Bedroom
  • My record player
  • Books!
  • My acoustic guitar
  • Far more notebooks than I need
  • Several Tangled collectibles that I've received as gifts over the years :)

5 Things I've Always Wanted to Do
  • Travel to Europe
  • Learn how to play more than just Heart and Soul and a random song from Sense and Sensibility on the piano ;)
  • Do the Disney College Program
  • Be an illustrator/artist
  • Visit Prince Edward Island

5 Things That Make Me Feel Happy
  • Old jazz music. I've recently rediscovered a playlist I made on Spotify with a bunch of Frank Sinatra, Jo Stafford, Ella Fitzgerald, and the like, and I've been loving listening to it again.
  • Thrift shopping
  • Fresh, new art supplies
  • Movie nights with my fam
  • Sipping iced coffee while sketching

5 Things I'm Currently Into
  • These dark chocolate almond butter cups by a brand called Justin's. They're like an organic alternative to Reese's cups, but they're addictively good!
  • Discussing Endgame/Marvel movies with my younger brother and sister
  • Iced chai tea lattes
  • Pretty much anything related to Peggy Carter and Steve Rogers, honestly. 
  • On that note, I've been listening to this song like crazy lately. If you know, you know. ;))

5 Things on My To-Do List
  • Practice using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator over summer break
  • Draw, draw, draw! I've hardly had any time to do so this past couple of months in between work and school, so I'm looking forward to drawing lots over the summer :)
  • Work on some more blog posts
  • Find a better way of doing my daily devotionals that works for me
  • Apply for some scholarships
Thanks for reading! I hope y'all have a lovely week. :)
Molly

Comments

  1. This is a fun tag! (I may have to do it!)

    It's good to hear from you again, Molly. And I enjoyed reading your answers. Haha, I can relate to the "far more notebooks than I need" bit. I love notebooks. I love the idea of all the lovely things that could be written in them...I just rarely get around to actually filling them. Heehee. ;)

    You have a record player? So do I! I bought mine so I could record some old records onto CD. I don't actually listen to it very often, but I really should because records are so cool! (Espeically old records. :))

    Old jazz music...YES! :D And movie nights with the family! So much fun!!

    Okay, I'm relating about the daily devotional thing. I feel like lately I haven't been getting a lot of out of my devotions. Not that something has to stick out to every single time, but still, I feel like it's all just been going in one ear and out the next and I'm not really grasping anything. I wonder sometimes if I read too fast and if slowing my pace down a bit would help--like reading less chapters at a time or something--but on the other hand I kind of get the feeling that I'm just having a hard time concentrating in general right now. So I'm not really sure what to do. (Sorry. That was a bit of a ramble.) Anyhow, I hope you find a method that works for you and allows you to get the most out of your devotional time as you can!

    Thanks for the lovely post, Molly. I hope you're having a good week!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'd love to see your answers.

      Thanks so much, Miss March! Haha, yes! Pretty notebooks/sketchbooks are one of my weaknesses, and I have such a bad habit of buying new ones when I have yet to fill up the ones I already have! And on top of that, I often receive notebooks as gifts. I guess it's just my lot in life to be a journal hoarder. ;)

      I do, yes! It's one of my favorite things I own. I just feel like everything sounds better on vinyl, you know? And yes, especially old records!

      Old jazz is the BEST! So glad you love it, too :)

      Wow, what you wrote about your daily devotionals literally sums up how I've been feeling about them lately. I hate to hear that you're struggling in this area, too, but it also helps to know that I'm not alone. I think I tend to read too quickly, too, and I feel like most of the time I'm just so distracted by my own thoughts and things going on around me that I can't concentrate. It's definitely something I need to pray about, because I don't want my devotionals to feel like a chore that I just need to check off each day. But anyways, thanks so much! I hope you're able to find a better way of doing devotionals, too. We're in this together! :)

      Aw you are so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I could've put visit PEI and practicing Illustrator on my list too!

    What was the other song you had listed (the video states it is taken down)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both definitely things I want/need to do! Although practicing Illustrator is much higher up on the list. ;)

      Oh, that's so weird! Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the link in the post, but here it is just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0tHmoc1rs. It's called "It's Been a Long, Long Time," by Kitty Kallen with the Harry James Orchestra.

      Delete
  3. Awww, Tangled collectibles sound fun! :D

    I met a girl who was involved in the Disney College program during one of my past college semesters! It was really cool. :)

    Also, since you mentioned Peggy, have you seen Agent Carter? I'm not a huge Captain America fan, but I'm actually getting quite interested in that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I've watched so many vlogs about it on YouTube and I really would love to do it before I graduate. :)

      Yes, I have! I've been rewatching it lately as I draw, actually. I haven't seen the second season yet, but I've really enjoyed what I've seen. Peggy is seriously amazing in this show, as always. :)

      Delete
  4. I love Chai Tea Lattes-they are so good! Especially if you add a pump of vanilla :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Ooh, I haven't tried mine with vanilla, but that sounds amazing. I'll have to try that out! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)