My Very First Knitting Project!

Hi there! Today I am here to share with you my first ever completed knitting project: a headband! I know, I know, it's not exactly spring-appropriate, but I'm still excited to talk about it nonetheless. :)

I picked up the hobby of knitting a few months ago, after receiving a Jane Austen knitting book for Christmas and deciding that I had to teach myself to knit, so that I could someday create some of the gorgeous sweaters and such in that book. So, after practicing the basic fundamentals of knitting for a good while, (these tutorials were soo easy to understand!), I started to look around on Pinterest for an easy, beginner's knitting project. I was so excited when I found this one, and I started on it right after I purchased the supplies...which was back in February!

I was hoping that it would only take me a couple of weeks to knit the headband, but instead it was much closer to two months, haha! (I finished it up right at the end of March.) It was definitely more of a side project, and I had to re-start a couple of times--sometimes when I was already halfway through!--but I still very much enjoyed working on it. :)




Isn't this yarn lovely? I knew I wanted to make a light-colored headband, and this one definitely fit the bill. I just love the silvery metallic hints in it--so pretty!





Overall I am so happy with how this headband turned out, and I will definitely be making some more once it gets closer to fall and winter! I've found knitting to be very relaxing, and a great thing to do while watching movies or when on the go, so I'm going to continue on with it until I can tackle those Jane Austen-inspired knitting patterns! Which will be a long time, I'm sure. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Molly

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9

Comments

  1. I just read your about page and I think I found a kindred spirit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your two blogs and I definitely agree!
      -Molly

      Delete
  2. Dear Molly... Oh, I am SO enjoying your blog, truly I am... What a delight to ''meet'' you through your beautiful about page too! {{smiles}} Knitting is a joy, isn't it? I love what your talented hands created and you are so very pretty! I have been so inspired through my visit with you and I look forward to blogging with you more in the future! Much love and blessings to you in Christ,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It's been lovely "meeting" you through your comments and your blog, too. :D Yes, knitting has definitely become a favorite hobby of mine! I'm actually working on another headband just like this, but in a pretty purple yarn. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)