Yet Another Collection of Colonial Williamsburg Photos

Apparently my habit of only posting every couple of months still continues! But hey, at least I'm still blogging kind of frequently, right? ;P The worst thing about being away from my blog for so long, though, is that I come back and have so many lovely posts to catch up on! Really, as I scrolled through my reading list on here, I think there were probably twenty or so posts that I need to read. I think I'll try to do that after I finish this post, although I can't say I'll have the time to comment on each of them! :)

So it's no secret on here that I love to visit Colonial Williamsburg. It's such a picture-perfect place, with its quaint buildings, beautiful gardens, and lovely shops (my favorite is one that sells 18th-century style gowns and accessories!). These photos that I'm going to share today are from two different day-trips that my family took to Williamsburg: one way back in April, and one in August. (I know, I'm super behind on posting these pictures!) I hope you'll enjoy scrolling through them!









This picture was taken in the Mary Dickinson Shop (the one I mentioned earlier that sells gorgeous gowns and accessories). Can I please have that lovely blue floral frock?





Just trying to be artsy by taking a picture of where I'm standing. ;P

I hurriedly took this picture as we were leaving, and I just love how it turned out. With no tourists to be seen, you could almost imagine that you're getting a true glimpse into a garden in colonial days. For that reason, this is probably my favorite of the photos I took on our afternoon visit in April!

Now for the pictures from our quick visit in August! (I say quick because we couldn't have been there for much more than an hour. It was so hot that day that we didn't really feel like staying much longer! Haha.) But anyways, isn't this garden just gorgeous? I love all of the vibrant colors, and how peaceful it seems.



This house kind of reminds me of Green Gables. 💕



Just some colorful summer blooms. :)

Alright, I think I'll end here to keep this post from being any longer! But before I go, I'll give you a few quick, random updates about life lately:

  • I am officially a senior! It's quite exciting, but also rather nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm trying not to get stressed thinking about all the different things that need to be done before starting college next fall. I think I've pretty much decided on the university I want to go to, but I'm still all over the place about what I might want to study! I think it's because I have so many different interests--art, English, history, math (that last one was definitely a joke!). But all I can do is just keep praying, and I know that God will show me what I should do. :)
  • I finally finished the Jane Austen-inspired shawl that I mentioned in this post! Once it cools down enough so that I can wear it without overheating, I'll try and take some pictures of it soon and do a post about it. ;)
  • I'm going on a trip to New York City next month! I've never been, and I'm really looking forward to it. A friend of mine at church and her dad (who is also the youth pastor at our church) were kind enough to invite me to come with them, and of course I said yes. It's funny because NYC has never really been somewhere that I've dreamed of visiting, but now that I have the chance, I'm so excited! I'll be sure to take loads of pictures and do a blog post about it afterwards. 
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Molly 

Comments

  1. OHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY YEARS IV'E DREAMED OF GOING TO COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG!!!! AND YOU VISIT MULTIPLE TIMES A YEAR!! NO FAIR!! :P

    But anyways, sorry for all the caps, just one of my super big, someday hopefully dreams :) Lovely pictures!! Made me want to go even more!! The gardens are so gorgeous!! AND THE DRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that blue one!!! Probably heart breakingly expensive though, huh? *sad sigh* :(

    How exciting to finally be a senior!! And New York!! How cool is that!!

    Lovely post Molly! You have made me exceedingly jealous ;)

    Exceedingly Jealously Yours,
    Miss Woodhouse :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, my family lives about a half hour away from Colonial Williamsburg, so it's quite easy to make a quick trip there, for which I'm grateful. I really hope that you'll be able to visit someday! It's such a lovely place. :)

      Don't apologize for using all caps; your comment totally put a smile on my face! And I'm glad you liked the pictures! :) Oh yes, the price tag on the dress was outrageous--over $200! *sobs because I'll never be able to justify such a purchase*

      Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Miss Woodhouse! :D

      Delete
    2. HALF AN HOUR!?!? (more caps XD) *makes plans for moving in with Molly* ;)

      Haha I'm glad! And yes they were lovely! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! $200??? *sobs along with you*

      Talk to you later! :D *by later I mean, when I move in with you and your half hour drive from Williamsburg ;)*

      Ok, bye for reals now :)

      Delete
  2. Love your photos! It seems so beautiful there. I went to NYC this summer and it was so amazing! I too never really dreamed of going there but it was truly wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you liked them! :) How cool that you visited New York over the summer! I'm really looking forward to going, and I'm hoping that maybe the trees up there will have put on their fall colors by then. Fingers crossed! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Molly...what exquisite pictures! Ah...how I would love to visit Colonial Williamsburg someday...should I have the delightful chance to visit the States! {{Smiles}} Yuu take such lovely photographs, dear...
    And I am excited to hear about your upcoming trip to NYC...oh, do enjoy! {{smiles}} Can't wait to see your completed shawl...

    Always a treat to visit with you, Molly!
    Love and blessings...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly-Anne! That's so sweet of you to say. I hope that you'll be able to visit Colonial Williamsburg someday and experience the beauty of it for yourself! :)

      Thank you, I'm really looking forward to sharing about both of those things!

      Thanks again for your sweet comment, as always! <3

      Delete
  4. I have never been to Colonial Williamsburg, but your pictures always make me happy!

    Good Luck on your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow:) Your photos are gorgeous! I so want to visit Colonial Williamsburg someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elanor! I'm glad you liked the pictures, and I hope you'll be able to visit Colonial Williamsburg yourself someday! :)

      P.S. Sorry for my extremely late response to your comment!

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS those pictures are amazing!!! You're REALLY GOOD. Seriously amazing!!!

    I was just in Williamsburg in May for a homeschool conference! I didn't get to see much, but we did drive around the historic sites!

    Ooh, anything Jane Austen=yes.

    Soooo exciting, New York City?!?! Have a simply marvellous time--I'm sure you will!! That's way awesome. I've been to New York a couple of times, but just the state, never the city.

    It's good to hear from you again, Molly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so very much, Rae! You are so, so sweet. Half the time when I take pictures I just snap them quickly as I'm walking around, so I'm surprised sometimes when they actually turn out well! Haha. :)

      That is so cool that you were able to drive around the historic sites!

      Thank you, I'm super excited about it! :D

      Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Rae! Sorry I took so long to reply! ;)

      Delete
  7. This is SO PRETTY! I kind of miss going there after seeing these pics... :) definitely need to return sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anna! Colonial Williamsburg is truly such a picturesque place. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)