An Old-Fashioned Christmas

Merry Christmas Eve, dear readers! I just thought I would hop on here quickly and share some adorable vintage Christmas photographs from the 40s and 50s. Because who doesn't enjoy looking at cute, festive old pictures? :)


A glamorous gal stringing popcorn on a tree. Can I have her outfit, please? ;)


A cute family photo in front of a pretty Christmas tree, all decked out in tinsel.


This picture is actually from the film The Shop Around the Corner, starring Jimmy Stewart. It's a very cute movie that I would like to watch again sometime soon!


"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas..." 🎄


An adorable 1940s couple in matching Christmas sweaters! So, so cute.


Donna Reed (the actress who played Mary in It's A Wonderful Life) decorating a cute little Christmas tree.


Opening up presents on Christmas morning, 1950s-style!


A 1940s girl with her arms full of Christmas gifts.


And just for fun, here's a picture of a cute little vintage Christmas tote bag that my mom got for me last year. I just love it! :)

Well, I'm off now to go help out with wrapping some last-minute presents, so I'm going to go ahead and wrap up this short post (no pun intended there!). I hope you enjoyed this little collection of sweet festive photographs from the vintage eras. 

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas with your loved ones, celebrating the birth of our wonderful Savior!
-Molly

Comments

  1. This is so cute, Molly! Love it!

    Merry Christmas!! <3
    ~ Elanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Elanor! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, these are so cool!!! I really like them, thanks for sharing! The Shop Around the Corner is such a cool movie, I should rewatch it soon!

    Merry Christmas, Molly!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures, MovieCritic! Pinterest is the best for stuff like this. ;)
      Yes, it was a very cute movie from what I remember! I watched it a couple years back and enjoyed it. :)

      I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Awwww! Love the pictures! Thank you so much for sharing!! <3 <3

    Hope you had a very Merry Christmas, Molly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss March! I'm glad you liked this post. :)

      Thank you, I definitely had a very wonderful Christmas! I hope you did as well. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)