Life Lately // Christmas Edition

I hope that all of you lovely readers had a wonderful Christmas! My family and I certainly did, and thankfully, my dad is off until the day after New Year's, so the holiday season isn't over for us just yet. :)

So I'm in the mood for blogging, but since I don't really have any good post ideas at the moment, I thought I'd just do a little "lately" post, in which I share some of the things I've been up to over Christmas vacation thus far. 🎄

  • Reading Advent devotionals. This has been so helpful with reminding myself of the true reason we celebrate Christmas. It can be all too easy to get wrapped up in the busyness of the season, and so I'm grateful in particular for an Advent devotional book my grandparents gave me called "Unwrapping the Names of Jesus" by Asheritah Ciuciu. It's been such an encouraging read, and has really helped me as I try to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus during this season. :)

A little illustrated quote I did the other day. :)
  • Rereading Little Women. Since this lovely book begins at Christmastime, I feel like it's perfect for this time of year! It reminds me of Christmas/winter, too, because I received it last year as a gift and read it for the first time. It's such a sweet story, and I'm really enjoying reading through it again! (I've actually been watching the 1994 adaptation of it lately while I draw, which has been nice.)

  • Drawing. I've had lots of time to draw over Christmas break so far, thankfully! I've worked on some bookmarks that I'm going to give as gifts, a few pieces for my Etsy shop, and a few sketches just for fun. Yesterday I finished a little colored pencil drawing of Jo March, and I really like how it turned out! It's so very satisfying to finish a piece that you drew in your own creative style. :)

Jo March is such a delightful heroine, isn't she? She's funny, ambitious, creative, and while a bit outspoken at times, very kind, loving, and caring. :)

  • College stuff. I found out a couple of weeks ago that I've been accepted into Regent University (the main school that I had been considering)! Once I pay the acceptance deposit, I'll officially be an enrolled student, which is so crazy and exciting. I'm planning on attending this coming fall, and I'm just so excited for this new adventure that God has in store for me!

  • Watching The Sound of Music. This is actually what I'm doing right now as I write this post! Oh, I just love this movie. The music, the cinematography, scenery, Julie Andrews as Maria...it's just wonderful. Even though it isn't really a Christmas film, it's feels like one to me because we watch it at this time of year. :)

Well, I suppose I'll end this now, so I can go make some hot chocolate and enjoy the rest of The Sound of Music! 

What have you done so far for your Christmas vacation? (If you're not on break for the holidays, just tell me what you've been up to!)
What did you get for Christmas? (Because I'm nosy and love knowing what gifts people got!)

Thanks for reading!
Molly <3

Comments

  1. Molly! Your handwriting is seriously awesome! I love the illustrated quote! And all the pictures in this post. Honestly, the illustrated quote picture and the picture of Little Women look like something you'd get off Pinterest! Nice photography skills there. :)

    I almost felt like rereading Little Women this month, too. However, I probably wouldn't have had time, and I'm actually already reading it aloud to two of my younger sisters, so in the end I didn't do it.

    Your picture of Jo March is so sweet! <3

    Ahhhh! Yes. The Sound of music is SUCH good movie!

    You asked what I got for Christmas. Well. I got a lunch bag that's designed to keep food cold for the whole day, earrings, and a set of adorable Birthday cards (four different designs). Those were from my parents. Then one of my sisters gave me another set of birthday cards. (You see, I'd been looking at the cards in the store and thought they were cute, so my sister bought one set for me and told my mom about the other set...sisters are so helpful, no? Heehee. :)) Another sister gave me candy, which made me very happy because I have a weakness for candy. ;) And I also got candy in my stocking from my parents. So yeah, it was a good day! Haha. ;D What presents did you get?

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Miss March! You are just too sweet! :)

      That's neat that you are reading Little Women to your younger sisters! I think I'm just going to read up until Part II, and then go on to something else for a little while, as it is quite a lengthy book!

      Aww, thank you! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Isn't it? It really is such a good film. And I like the fact that it has a Christmassy sort of feel to it for me, since we typically only watch it over the holidays. :)

      Your Christmas gifts sound lovely! I'm sure you're well-stocked on cute birthday cards now. ;) And yes, sisters can be very helpful when it comes to things like giving your parents Christmas gift ideas! As to what I got for Christmas, I got an adorable Belle from Beauty and the Beast purse, a new wallet, some new, much-needed colored pencils, PJs and some clothes, a couple of books, weights (that was a bit of a funny gift, but definitely something I had been wanting and didn't really want to buy for myself!), and a few other neat little things. :)

      Thank you for your sweet comment as always, Miss March!

      Delete
  2. Love you drawing of Jo! And your Oh Holy Night in modern calligraphy. You're really talented! :)

    Congrats on your acceptance to college!! I, too, will be going to college in the fall, which is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.

    Merry (belated) Christmas, Molly!
    ~ Elanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elanor! I'm glad you like them; you are so sweet! :)

      Thanks, and congratulations to you, too!! I 100% agree that it is both exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time, but I'm really looking forward to this new adventure. :D

      Thanks for your comment, Elanor, and Happy New Year to you!!

      Delete
  3. First off, this post itself is just gorgeous.
    Second, Little Women!!! Yes.
    LOVE the drawing of Jo.
    That's so exciting!!! Good luck!!!
    The Sound of Music is spectacular. I should see it again, it's been a little while!
    Sorry I'm so late commenting! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Rae!
      Glad we agree on Little Women! :)
      Thank you!!
      Yes, it's definitely exciting! Thanks, dear!
      Spectacular is the perfect word for The Sound of Music. <3
      Glad you enjoyed this post, Rae! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)