The Liebster Award Tag



Hi everyone! So, it's been nearly two months since Bri from Forget Not His Benefits tagged me with the Liebster Award Tag, but today I'm finally here (as I'm sure you've guessed from the title of this post!) to answer the questions. So, let's start off with the rules.

Acknowledge the blog(s) that gave it to you and display the award.
Bri from Forget Not His Benefits. Thank you so much, dear! <3



Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
Alright, let's go!

1. What is a quote that you really love?

Oh goodness, I have such an abundance of favorite quotes that I don't think I could choose just one! However, one that I have been really loving lately is this line from The Fellowship of the Ring:

“I wish it need not have happened in my time,’ said Frodo. ‘So do I,’ said Gandalf, ‘and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Isn't that last part such a beautiful, powerful piece of advice to keep in mind as we go through each day?

2. What is a favorite/most vivid childhood memory?

I have lots of fond memories of my family's vacations to Walt Disney World over the years. Disney will always hold a special place in my heart because of the many "magical" moments that my family and I have spent there. <3

3. What is one thing God has been taking you through/teaching you this year?

The Lord has been teaching me so many things throughout this year thus far, for which I am so, so grateful. One of the biggest lessons I've been learning is that I need to trust in Him wholly and completely with every aspect of my life. 

You see, I struggle a lot with overthinking and over-analyzing pretty much everything, no matter how insignificant it may be. This ends up leading to fear, worry, and stress, and it's absolutely exhausting. Lately, however, God has been teaching me to let go of the feeling that I need to have everything perfectly figured out and planned. Because really, we as imperfect humans can't accomplish that on our own! I need to remember instead that God has a wonderful plan for my life, far greater than any I could ever dream up. I've still got quite a ways to go, and my habit of overthinking and over-analyzing will likely always be something that I have to strive to keep at bay, but I'm so thankful that no matter what, I can always find strength, comfort, encouragement, and everything else I'll ever need in the Lord.


4. How did your blog start, and where do you hope to see it in the future?

I started my blog a little over two years ago as a creative outlet, where I could share my photos, projects, thoughts, and ramblings about books and movies. I honestly never expected people to actually read my posts, and yet I've met so many sweet kindred spirits through this wonderful blogging community who not only read, but comment on my blog! Y'all are the best, okay? *sends virtual hugs*

As for where I hope to see my blog in the future...well, I plan to keep writing the same sort of posts that I've been doing, but hopefully on a more regular schedule! (You know, instead of once every month as has been my habit. ;P) I hope it'll continue to serve as a fun creative outlet for me as I transition into college, and that I can maybe encourage or inspire people and meet more kindred spirits. <3

5. What is the longest you have lived in one place? 

Well, I've lived in southern Virginia for my whole life, but my family have moved pretty frequently to different houses within our area. So I'd say the longest I've lived in one particular house has been five years, maybe?

6. Do you see yourself as an optimist, pessimist, realist, or opportunist? 

Hmm... I'd like to think that I'm more of an optimist. I try to stay positive and look on the bright side of things as much as possible, but of course that doesn't mean there aren't days when I'm stressed out and focusing more on the negative side of things than I should be. 



7. What is your typical go-to when you try a new restaurant?

Ooh, fun question! Well, I actually really enjoy salads, so that's always a go-to for me. I also like to go for Mexican or southwest-style dishes, or food with lots of veggies. For my drink, it's either water with lemon or sweet tea!

8. Do you re-read books? If so, which have you re-read most?

I don't think I could say "yes" to this question enough times! I absolutely love rereading the books that I love most, as I tend to pick up on something different each time. I know that I've reread Pride and Prejudice three times, I believe--and it's about time for another reread!

9. If you could go back in time, what would you tell yourself five years ago?

I would tell myself that living for Christ is so much more important than trying to please people and fit in with others. (I also need to remind my present self of this truth more often!)



10. What is your favorite part of your every day routine?

My favorite part of the day is when I can curl up in my bed and read for a bit just before I go to sleep. It's so nice and relaxing and really helps me wind down. The only problem is that I often stay up way too late in order to read "just one more page." ;P

11. How do you do your devotions (by a schedule, with a study guide, is scripture memorization part of that daily time, etc.)?


Each morning, I try to read a chapter of whatever book of the Bible I'm currently reading. (Lately I've been reading through the Old Testament, and currently I'm in Esther.) In addition, I usually read a chapter from a devotional book, or do a devotional plan on the Bible app. I've also recently gotten back into using the Give Me Jesus journal from Well Watered Women Co. It's a wonderful tool for journaling through your daily Bible reading!


Give 11 random facts about yourself.

1.) I'm an introvert by nature, and would infinitely prefer staying at home with a book or project than going to a party. If you're a fellow introvert, I'm sure you understand! (This meme is hilariously accurate.)

2.) Recently I've gotten into drinking hot tea, and I've really been enjoying it! I'm actually drinking some "English Tea Shop" tea while I write this; the flavor is white tea with blueberry and elderflower, and it's delicious.


Yes, I totally bought a commemorative Royal Wedding tea tin, because I'm eighty years old at heart. It actually tastes quite good, though! Speaking of the Royal Wedding, did any of you watch it this past Saturday? I did, and I thought it was so lovely. Definitely worth getting up super early and being sleepy for the rest of the day ;)

3.) I love to play the acoustic guitar and sing, although I'm certainly not an expert by any means! It's just a very fun hobby.

4.) I adore The Princess Bride, and my family and I quote it frequently! It's definitely one of my favorite movies.

5.) My favorite flowers are hydrangeas. I get so excited whenever they start blooming!


6.) My dad and I have often engaged in "Jane Austen style" text message conversations, and it's awesome. Basically, we use the word "indeed" a lot! Haha. ;P

7.) One of my favorite childhood movies is Ella Enchanted. Wait, who am I kidding? I still love that movie! Yes, it's silly and very different from the book, but I grew up watching it, so I like it partly for nostalgic reasons. (Maybe if I had read the book first, I might have enjoyed the movie less?) But anyways, I'm so glad that my younger sister now likes it, because we enjoy watching it together. :)


8.) I've been told countless times that I look just like my mother; in fact, we've been mistaken for sisters a few times!


9.) I've traveled up and down the east coast of America--as far south as Florida and as far north as New York--, but I've never been out of the country or off the eastern coast. However, I hope to change this one day and travel to loads of places!

10.) I have been known to mispronounce words that I've only ever read in books, without hearing someone say them in real life. My family likes to tease me about this, because often the way I say these words is pretty funny! For example, I pronounced the words "Yosemite," "epitome," and "leisure" all incorrectly the first time I said them. And mind you, this was recent! (Actually, I didn't say the word "leisure" wrong; instead, I pronounced it the British way ("leh-sure" instead of the American "lee-sure") because I sincerely thought that's how you say it! I still say it the British way, though, just to tease my family back. ;P)

11.) My fave superhero is without a doubt Captain America. ❤


Nominate 11 blogs. (We're nearing the end of this crazy long post, I promise!)

Okay, so since I've seen this tag floating around on several different blogs, I'm really not sure who has or hasn't been tagged already. Plus, I've already spent way too much time typing up this post! So instead, I'm going to take the lazy route and just say that if you want to do this tag yourself, then by all means consider yourself tagged by me!

Give them 11 questions to answer.

1.) How would you describe your ideal day?
2.) Are you introverted, extroverted, or a mixture of both?
3.) What is one of your favorite childhood movies?
4.) If you're a Jane Austen fan, which of her heroines can you relate to the most? Which do you relate to the least?
5.) If you could have any other accent, what would it be?
6.) Do you play any instruments? If not, which one do you wish you could play?
7.) What is your favorite genre of music?
8.) If you could travel to any one place in the world right now, where would it be?
9.) Do you have any hidden talents?
10.) Tea, coffee, or both?
11.) If you could have any period drama character's hairstyle, what would it be?

If you made it to the end of this post, then you're amazing! I know I probably rambled far too much in this post, and I'm sorry if I've bored you to death. But I hope you enjoyed this post and that you got to know me a little better! And if you decide to do this tag yourself, please let me know so that I can read your post. :)

Much love,
Molly

Comments

  1. First, love that quote. Second, I can totally relate to that struggle! I've been praying for the same sense of trust in my life as well. (I did actually post about it awhile back.)

    Your royal wedding tea is so cool! I was up bright and early by 3:30 am last Saturday to watch the wedding because I'm a bit of a royal fan. My entire family thought I was crazy, but good to hear I'm not the only one! :) It was worth it, to be sure.

    This was so fun to read, Molly! I quite enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great quote, isn't it? And I'm glad you can relate! Trust can sometimes be hard, especially for someone like me who likes to have all the details figured out, but I'm so grateful that God is faithful and continues to help us grow. (And yes, I think I remember your post about this from a while back!)

      Thanks!! Yay, I'm glad you were able to watch the Royal Wedding, too! I didn't get up quite as early, because it didn't really start till 6am here on the East Coast, but it felt like I was getting up at 3:30 since I went to bed so late the night before! But hey, it was totally worth it. Royal weddings aren't a daily occurrence, after all!

      I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this, Elanor! Thanks for your lovely comment, as always. <3

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun to read, Molly! Thanks for filling it out! And you didn't ramble too much - I hate when people just point blank answer the questions to a tag with nothing else, because it doesn't help you KNOW them ;)!
    Trust is a wonderful thing to be learning <3. I am right there myself! And my Mama and I were asked if we were sisters once, too!
    Blessings,
    Bri <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this, Bri! Thanks so much again for tagging me; I had a lot of fun doing it. :) And I'm happy to hear that I didn't ramble too much! You're right, it can be rather boring when people answer questions without elaborating at all on their answers.

      It is, indeed! I think it's something that we all have to learn continually, as trust doesn't always come naturally. <3

      Ha, that's so funny that you and your mother were mistaken for sisters once, too! My mom loves it whenever someone thinks that, haha. ;P

      Thanks for your sweet comment, Bri!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Molly! We are SO similar, haha!

    I over-analyze and overthink a lot of things too. It's definitely something I am always trying to work on, too. =)

    I love Virginia! My family and I traveled there a few years ago and it's one of my favorite states! That's so cool that you live there. =)

    I watched the Royal Wedding, too. It was so beautiful! I love Meghan's dress. =)

    Ella Enchanted is amazing. It is definitely one of my favorite movies.

    I thought I was the only one who mispronounced Yosemite! It was a few years ago, but my family still brings it up, haha!

    I hope to do the tag soon! =) --Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and that you could relate to and agree with so much of what I said! We must truly be #kindredspirits. ;)

      Ugh yes, it's such an exhausting struggle, isn't it? But we're in this together, girl! And how wonderful it is to know that the Lord is there to comfort, encourage, and help us, no matter what. <3

      Aww, that's so cool that VA is one of your favorite states! It truly is beautiful, and I'm glad to have grown up here. When I was younger I thought it was such a boring place to live (haha), but now I've realized how neat it is to live in a place that is so rich in history. Maybe you could make another visit to Virginia sometime and we could meet up! ;D

      Yes, Meghan's dress was gorgeous! Very simple and understated, yet so elegant and perfect for her. And her veil!! *insert heart eye emoji*

      Yay, another Ella Enchanted fan! I'm so happy that you love it, too.

      Haha, well I'm glad I'm not the only one! But in our defense, it is a rather funny word anyways, isn't it? ;P

      I'd love to read your answers if you do the tag! No pressure, though. :)

      Thanks for your comment, Danielle Marie! <3

      Delete
  4. I loved reading this, Molly! I am so proud to call you my niece!! I love reading stuff like this about the people I love!
    And, learning to trust the Lord is something that you will probably be working on for years to come, but I'm so thankful that you've got such a jump on it at your age compared to when I really started to try and learn it... I'm still trying to learn it... My first thought was of Grandma's favorite hymn "Trusting Jesus." The words are so encouraging! "Trusting Jesus every day..." When we worry or fear, we aren't trusting Jesus, and that can be hard to accept and realize. Keep pursuing that truat, and keep doing what you're doing, Molly! You're such an encouragement to me!! I love you and pray the Lord continues to lead you in everything you do!
    - Michelle <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Michelle! You're way too sweet. Your comment put such a huge smile on my face. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this! <3

      Yes, you're so right; I'm sure trusting the Lord will be something that I will continually have to learn and re-learn, but I'm so grateful for God's faithfulness and patience! Aww, I'll have to look up the lyrics to that hymn, especially since it was Grandma's favorite. <3
      Thanks so much for your encouraging words, Michelle! I'm so blessed to have you as my aunt. I love you too!! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)