Be Kind to Yourself // Vol. 1

I don't know if I've ever talked about this on here, but I struggle so, so much with overthinking. I've always been a perfectionist, and I think social media (*cough* Instagram *cough*) has only brought out this tendency even more. I literally over-analyze everything. I doubt myself and compare myself to others. I'm way too hard on myself and beat myself up for every little mistake. It's so exhausting and yet so hard to shake off these toxic thoughts.

But I don't want to stay like this. I really want to work on freeing myself from these unhealthy thought patterns. For so long I've bought into the enemy's lies that I'm just not good enough and that I'll never measure up, but I know that these thoughts are ultimately holding me back from fully serving God and becoming the person that He created me to be.

So whenever I start to worry or doubt or overthink or compare myself, I instead want to just let go and let God. I want to remind myself of what He says about me. Because even though I can't measure up to His standard of perfection, He loves me relentlessly anyway. I am chosen and wanted and known by the Creator of sunsets and mountains and stars, and I have a purpose because of Him.

And so for this post, I just wanted to share some quotes from Pinterest that have really helped me lately as I try to fight against my overthinking and be kinder to myself. Whether you struggle in this same area or not, I hope these encourage you. :)












I have so many quotes like this saved to my Pinterest board, and I'm thinking of making it a thing where I share them on here from time to time. Let me know in the comments if you like that idea! :)

xoxo Molly


Comments

  1. I put myself down a lot, telling myself that I will never be able to do it. But you are so right about this! All of these make me feel so much better, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad these quotes encouraged you, MovieCritic! I think it's all too easy for us to put ourselves down, but I'm slowly learning that stepping back and reminding myself of what God says about me helps so much. <3

      Delete
  2. Hi! Long time lurker, first time commenter :-)
    I'm having a rough morning today and these quotes helped. Thanks for pointing my eyes back at the one in charge, and in whose palm I am held.
    Thanks for sharing some happiness and good thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much for commenting. I'm so glad to hear that this post encouraged you! It makes such a difference when we stop negative, toxic thoughts in their tracks and instead look to Jesus and remind ourselves of what He says about us. :)
      I hope you have a lovely day! <3

      Delete
  3. I relate so much to this; perfectionism and overthinking are major, long-time struggles of mine. We're in this together, sista-friend. <3

    Thank you so much for this post!! It was very soothing and encouraging, especially today. So thank you. <3 Please do make it a series! I think it'd be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder that I'm not alone in these struggles, Olivia. I'm so, so glad that you found this post encouraging! It was really comforting for me to write, so I will definitely try and make a series out of it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)