The Taylor Swift Book Tag

Shortly after I went on my blogging hiatus, Olivia shared this super fun Taylor Swift book tag on her blog. And even though it's been, like, four months since then, I thought I'd go ahead and do this tag, anyways!

I used to be such a huge "Swiftie" back in the day, and while I don't keep up with her like I used to, I still love listening to her music (especially her Red album--that one will "forever and always" be my fave!). Her songs just take me back to being a kid again, when I would dance around to her albums while getting ready for school in the morning. In fact, the first song I learned to play on the guitar when I was ten was actually "Hey Stephen" from her Fearless album. Ah, memories. ;)

So anywho, the point of this tag is to find a book that goes along with the meaning of each Taylor Swift song mentioned. It's the perfect excuse for getting all nostalgic over Taylor's music while also discussing books, right?

Let's get to it, then!


"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" ~ a book/series you thought you were in love with but ended up disliking ♪♫

I'd have to say the Emily of New Moon series by L.M. Montgomery. I had really high hopes for them, but they just ended up being too dark and...weird...for my taste. I finished the first one but just couldn't bring myself to read the other two! Lesson learned: don't buy an entire series before you've read them!

"Red" ~ a book with a red cover ♪♫

I recently read A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War, which has a red cover. This was a pretty interesting read, too! All about how WWI shaped C.S Lewis's and J.R.R. Tolkien's writing, faith, and friendship.

"The Best Day" ~ a book that makes you feel nostalgic ♪♫

I can actually think of several books that make me feel nostalgic, but one that particularly stands out in my mind is Summerhouse Time by Eileen Spinelli. It's such a cute book, and I used to read it at the beginning of every summer for a while there.


"Love Story" ~ a book with forbidden love ♪♫

Can I be really basic and say Romeo and Juliet? I would try and be more creative, but I really can't think of many books I've read with forbidden love aside from this one. Also, Taylor mentions in it in this song, so win-win. ;)

Oh wait, I just thought of one! Ages ago I read this book called Still Star-Crossed, which is basically a spin-off on Romeo and Juliet. It follows the story of Juliet's cousin, Rosaline, and Romeo's cousin, Benvolio. As you might guess, they fall in love. I remember really liking this book at the time, but if I were to reread it now, that probably wouldn't be the case. My taste wasn't always great in middle school. ;P

"I Knew You Were Trouble" ~ a bad character you can't help but love ♪♫

Mr Collins, hands down.

Lol siiiike. ;P Honestly, I can't think of anything for this one. Sorry, y'all!

"Innocent" ~ a book that someone ruined for you ♪♫

More often than not, I'm the one ruining books for myself! As much as I hate myself for it afterward, sometimes the urge to look at the ending or read spoilers is too much to resist. It's bad, I know! So honestly, I can think of a ton of books that would fit this description. ;P



"Everything Has Changed" ~ a character who goes through extensive character development ♪♫

Rilla goes through quite a lot of character development throughout Rilla of Ingleside, so let's go with that.

"You Belong with Me" ~ your most-anticipated book release ♪♫

I can't think of anything specific, but whenever Hillary Manton Lodge releases a new book, I'll probably snatch it up! Especially if it's another Jane Austin spin-off like Jane of Austin. 

"Forever and Always" ~ your favorite book couple ♪♫

Okay but this is a really hard question!

Let's just go with Anne and Gilbert. You probably saw that answer coming because I feel like I'm super predictable when answering tag questions, but oh well. ;)


"Come Back . . . Be Here" ~ the book you would be least likely to lend out ♪♫

Okay, so recently someone (that I don't know very well, mind you) wanted to borrow my Harry Potter books. But like, I got them for Christmas this past year and they're so nice and I'm scared of what might happen if I let someone borrow them! Is that selfish? Because even if it is, I'm still not letting them outside of my sight! Haha.

"Teardrops on My Guitar" ~ a book that made you cry ♪♫

So, to be honest, very few books have actually made me cry! I can think of several movies that made me cry, but the only book that I actually remember crying over was Mockingjay. Cuz ya know, it was middle school and everyone was obsessed with the Hunger Games and I was really attached to those characters at the time, okay?

"Shake It Off" ~ a book that you love but that other people hate ♪♫

My mind is blanking again! I really can't think of anything at the moment for this one.


"Stay Stay Stay" ~ a book you wanted to go on forever ♪♫

I don't know if I would want it to go on forever, but Northanger Abbey could have gone on longer, if you ask me. I could have done with more witty sarcastic quips from Mr Tilney. ;P

"All Too Well" ~ a book series you wish could go on forever ♪♫

Even though it's already a really long series, I wouldn't mind if the Harry Potter series just kept on going. I would love to keep reading about Harry, Ron, and Hermione's adventures because their friendship is gold.

(Also for real, I wish "All Too Well" went on forever. It's such a gorgeous song and by far one of my favorites from Taylor.)

"Ronan" ~ a book with a tragic character death/the death of an innocent ♪♫

Walter Blythe's death was tragic in Rilla of Ingleside. I mean, really, why'd you have to do that to us, LM Montgomery? :'(

"Out of the Woods" ~ a book that had you worried about the characters up until the very end ♪♫

The Green Ember series by S.D. Smith. I read these on my Kindle, so because I couldn't easily read ahead, I had no idea how these books would end and I was pretty nervous for the characters at times. (These books are really good, by the way. They have a classic, Narnia-esque vibe to them.)

"Getaway Car" ~ a book with a tempestuous romance ♪♫

Hmm... Marianne and Mr. Willoughby's whirlwind of a relationship was rather tempestuous, wouldn't you say?

"Clean" ~ a book that taught you something profound ♪♫

I know there was a book that I read recently which fits this description perfectly because I remember telling my dad about what I learned from it afterward. But I honestly cannot think of it now! So frustrating, ugh.

So instead, I think I'll give a shout out to the Chronicles of Narnia series. I love how C.S. Lewis creates such a beautiful, profound allegory for Jesus through these books. 

"Long Live" ~ a book that transports you every time ♪♫

I know I've already mentioned it twice, but I'm gonna say the Harry Potter series again. I'm currently rereading them, and they really do transport you right into the story. Which is nice after a long, stressful day, when you just want to unwind and escape into another world for a bit. :)


Whew, that was fun! It is now way past my bedtime because I have spent way too long looking for the right pictures to go with this post, but I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. ;)

Love love love,
Molly

Comments

  1. Aaaahhhhh, I love that you did this!! And, as always, you made it very pretty and aesthetically pleasing. ;) (Love the graphic you made for it!!)

    A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War was so interesting, wasn't it?? I really enjoyed it.

    Honestly, Still Star-Crossed sounds kind of promising to me. ;D Haha. I'll have to look into it.

    I agree, "All Too Well" is a good song. <3

    Ooh, you've intrigued me with your thoughts on The Green Ember! I'll have too keep an eye out for that one, too.

    Thanks for doing this tag! It was a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, girl! I had a lot of fun putting it together. :)

      It really was an interesting read! :) And haha, maybe I should reread it for old-time's sake, just to see how I like it now!

      Right?! All the heart eyes for that song.

      I think you'd enjoy it! The author said his goal with writing the series was to create "new stories with an old soul," and I think he did a really good job.

      Thanks for putting this tag into blogger form, Olivia! And thanks for your sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I only just discovered that you have returned to blogging, so I wanted to say WELCOME BACK!!! I have missed your posts! <3

    Catie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much, Catie!! That is so sweet of you to say. I'm really excited to be back! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)