"Autumn in New York" - Photos from My NYC Trip!

So a couple of weeks ago, I visited New York City for the first time with a friend of mine from church and her dad, and as promised, I'm here today to share some of the pictures from my trip!

Day One - October 16th, 2017

On our first full day, we visited The Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met) in the morning, and the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in the afternoon. We also stopped quickly at Battery Park, where we could see the Statue of Liberty silhouetted against a gorgeous sunset.

This painting from 1838 is titled "Spring," and the artist's name is Cephas Giovanni Thompson. I had never heard of him before, but I just thought this was a beautiful piece!


It was so neat to see paintings by well-known artists like Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet in person! According to Google (haha), this piece by Vincent van Gogh is called "Wheat Field with Cypresses."

A lovely painting of water lilies by Monet. 

Another beautiful Claude Monet painting! It was so cool seeing all of the little details and brushstrokes in these paintings up close.


Ahh, this was such a beautiful, stunning view! (On the left is the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island is on the right.) I mean, would you just look at that gorgeous sunset? I have to say that while I loved seeing all of the gorgeous artwork at The Met, none of those paintings can compare with God's masterpieces. :)

Day Two - October 17th, 2017

On our second day, we visited the "Top of the Rock" (the top of the Rockefeller Center) in the morning, and afterwards we walked around Times Square for a while (which was super cool to see, and also a bit of sensory overload! Haha.). Then at seven in the evening, we saw Aladdin on Broadway.

This was taken at the top of the Rockefeller Center, where we had an incredible view of the city. It was definitely neat seeing such an iconic building like the Empire State Building in person! 


The Flatiron Building on Fifth Avenue, which was built in 1902. It was kind of funny to see such old buildings like this one right next to huge skyscrapers!

I'm not sure how I feel about the lens flare in this picture! On the one hand I think it's kinda neat, but it also hurts my eyes a little, haha! ;P

Day Three - October 18th, 2017

On our last day, we visited Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty in the morning before heading home. It was so, so neat visiting these historic sites!

Ellis Island!

This is the Registry Room in Ellis Island, where people immigrating to America would be, as the name suggests, registered! The room had been restored to the way it would have looked in 1924, I believe.






Lady Liberty! 🗽


Well, I really hope you enjoyed scrolling through these photos from my trip to New York City! I had such a wonderful time, and I really enjoyed visiting some of the iconic sites in this city. 

Have you ever been to New York City?
If so, what was your favorite thing about it?
If not, what would be the number one thing on your list of things to do and see?

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

-Molly

P.S. If you missed my last post (here), I've decided to do an Ask Me Anything post! So if there is anything at all that you'd like to ask me, just leave your questions in a comment below, and I will try to answer them as best I can in a follow-up post soon. :) 

Comments

  1. You saw Aladdin on Broadway?! I am so jealous! 😜

    Your pictures are gorgeous. Loved this post, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did, and it was SOO good! It was my first time seeing a Broadway show and I really enjoyed it. :)

      Thanks Eleanor, I'm so happy that you enjoyed the pictures!

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE. That's super cool that you got to see the ACTUAL Monets and Van Goghs in person!!
    And yes, God's masterpieces beat them all. That sunset is AMAZING.
    I sooo want to see a live Broadway show someday! That's awesome.
    Love, love, love all of this!!!
    I've been to New York state twice, but never to NYC itself. I've seen it from a distance though! :p

    Thanks so much for sharing, this is amazing!!
    (PS. Your pictures are amazing!!! As always, but still. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae! Yes, it was such an awesome experience seeing those paintings in person!
      Right?! I just couldn't get over how beautiful it was.
      Aladdin on Broadway was amazing!! I really, really enjoyed it. The theater we saw it in--New Amsterdam Theatre--was built in 1903, and the interior was just gorgeous.
      That's cool that you've been to New York state! This was my first time being to NY period, but I'd like to visit some of the rest of the state someday.

      Thank you so, so much for your comment, Rae! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pictures. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha! ;) It was a definitely a very fun trip!

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had an awesome trip! I have never been, but my older sister has.

    THOSE PAINTINGS. Wow! How cool that you saw them in person!!!!

    Great photos, Molly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had a wonderful time!

      Aren't they beautiful? I was so excited to see them!

      Thank you so much, MovieCritic! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)