The Great American Road Trip, Part 3 // Oregon


I hope you aren't bored yet of seeing photos from my cross-country travels, because today I'm going to share some from my favorite state of all the ones that we visited: Oregon!

This was the main destination of our trip, and I believe we spent a total of five days here before heading allll the way back to Virginia. I honestly had no idea what an incredibly beautiful state this was! Within just half an hour of driving through it, I had fallen in love with its towering mountains, rolling hills, and juniper trees. It was so hard to tear my eyes away from the stunning views passing by outside my window in order to my schoolwork!

































La Grande, Oregon

On the morning of our second day in Oregon, we spent a couple of hours in my granddad's hometown, La Grande. (I don't think I've mentioned yet that my grandparents, aunt, and uncle also went on this road trip with us.) It was so neat seeing the small, quaint, beautiful town where he grew up. :)

















I absolutely loved this mural!
















I love how you can see the shadows of the clouds on the mountain.














My favorite part of our time spent in La Grande was by far visiting this indie bookstore called "Looking Glass Books." It was such an adorable spot, with Frank Sinatra music playing over the radio and a sweet store kitten that you could hold!




















My granddad was so sweet as to buy these vintage Anne books for me! It was the perfect souvenir, and I know I'll always cherish them.














This was taken after we left La Grande and were heading towards Bend. We actually drove so far north in Oregon that pictured here is Washington state on the other side of the river!

Bend, Oregon

Bend is where we spent the majority of our visit to Oregon. It was such a nice, beautiful city, and while it was very urban and hipster, I still loved it! ;P 













Overlooking the city from the top of Pilot Butte.





















Me at the Lava Lands, part of the Newberry National Volvanic Monument. There were so many beautiful views here as we walked around!




















This made my bookish heart so happy! This was in a neighborhood called "Avonlea Estates." We literally drove back to this just so I could take a picture, haha. I think this is all the proof I need that I should live in Bend, Oregon! ;P

Crater Lake

We visited this national park on a very chilly day, but in spite of that, it was so worth it! Crater Lake was absolutely beautiful; in fact, it almost didn't look real!















Isn't God's creation absolutely stunning?






















My Sense and Sensibility writing gloves were much needed on this day! I can now say that I wore them for the very first time at Crater Lake National Park. :)


Writing this post has made me so nostalgic for our time in Oregon! It was such a gorgeous state, and I hope I'm able to explore it again someday. :)

I know this was a lot of pictures, but I hope you enjoyed this post nonetheless!

Much love,
Molly

Comments

  1. I love the way you take pictures! Crater Lake is one of my favorite pplaces. Oregon is just dear to me being it's home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! Yes, Crater Lake was definitely a highlight of the whole trip for me. It was stunning. <3

      Delete
  2. I know it's kind of obvious to say this, but I can't get over how different the West coast is from the East coast! America sure is beautiful from sea to shining sea! :)
    Your outfits fit in with the scenery just right too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it seriously felt like I was in another world! I was just perpetually in awe of its beauty and of God's creativity.
      Aww thanks, I'm glad ya think so! ;)

      Delete
  3. Those street names! Love them! I need to live there. ;)

    The pictures to took are so beautiful, thank you so much for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)