The Book Lover Tag


Rachel has tagged me for "The Book Lover Tag," and I am quite excited to fill it out!

The rules are, of course, to answer the questions, have fun, and tag some other book-loving bloggers. Doesn't sound too difficult, so let's get into it, shall we?

1. If you could rewrite the ending to any book, what would it be?

I love Northanger Abbey, but I wouldn't at all mind if there was a sweet proposal scene between Catherine and Mr. Tilney at the end. Instead, it's just stated that they got engaged and were married, and we readers never actually get to experience it. 

But Northanger Abbey is still a five-star read for me, and the lack of a proposal scene really doesn't detract from the story. It would just be a very welcome addition! :)


The only thing I don't like about this copy I have of Northanger Abbey is that Mr. Tilney's name isn't on the cover. And yet, Captain Tilney's is?! Something isn't right. ;)

2. Which fictional character are you most like?

I feel like there are some similarities between Elinor Dashwood and me. I can be pretty sensible and practical when I want to be, and I suppose I also tend to mother-hen my younger siblings at times. ;) I'm definitely more of the quiet, reserved type like Elinor, too, especially when it comes to expressing my feelings. Plus, we both dabble in art. :) 


3. Do you have any signed books?

I've actually mentioned this on here before, but I have a signed copy of the "Meet Molly" American Girl book by Valerie Tripp. 


Here it is in all its glory. ;P

4. What's the best book you've read so far this year?

Not counting rereads (I've reread a lot of books this year!), I'm going to have to say Persuasion. It was AMAZING, and I absolutely loved it. I'm working on doing a post all about it soon, so keep an eye out for that!

5. Do you have any bookish pet peeves?

It kind of annoys me when I see someone reading a paperback book, and they have the book folded back on itself. Like, now the front cover is going to be all creased and won't lay flat!

6. Out of the books you've read this year, what has had your favourite cover?

I reread the entire Anne series over the spring and summer, and the editions I have all have such gorgeous covers (I did a post about them here). But I especially love the cover of Rilla of Ingleside, so I suppose I'll go with that one. :)


7. Is there a book that releases this year that you cannot wait to read?

Nope, I can't think of any.

8. What is your favourite non-fiction book?

I have this book called A Jane Austen Devotional, and it's amazing. For each section, the author takes a passage from one of Jane Austen's novels, and cleverly relates it to a lesson found in Scripture. I absolutely love this devotional book; I've already read through it twice, and I've gotten so much out of it that I'm currently reading it again! I definitely recommend it. :)


9. Do you have any favourite location and/or time period to have a book set in?

Regency-era England. And late-Victorian/Edwardian-era Prince Edward Island. Oh, and the 1940s as well. :)

10. Is there a book that reminds you of something else?

A lot of times a book will remind me of the time of year that I first read it in. For example, P&P makes me think of summertime, Little Women reminds me of winter, and the Anne books make me think of spring and summer.
Thanks so much for tagging me, Rachel! And now, as to who I'm going to tag...


...and anyone else who wishes to do this tag! Feel free to consider yourself tagged by me. :)

-Molly

Comments

  1. Aw, thank you so much for tagging me! It is very sweet of you!

    True, that is the only thing wrong with Northanger Abby. :)

    I am like Elenor as well! I still have to see the 2008 version.

    That is one of my pet peeves too! It drives me crazy when people do that!

    That Jane Austen Devontional looks like such a great book!! :)

    Nice answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      Haha, yes! Glad you agree. :)

      I loved the 2008 version of Sense and Sensibility! Aside from a scene at the very beginning that you'll want to skip, I think it's a wonderful adaptation of the novel. :)

      Ugh, I know right?! It's very irksome!

      The Jane Austen Devotional is such a lovely read! I highly recommend it. :)

      Thanks for your comment, MovieCritic!

      Delete
  2. I am actually about to post my answers to this tag soon:)

    You are so right! Northanger Abbey should have a sweet proposal scene! (The 2007 adaptation has one, but it's kind of strange that the book doesn't.)

    Oh, I so relate to 5! My answer for that question is similar.

    I remember when you talked about reading the Anne series and I am absolutely IN LOVE with the covers for the book set you have. (Like, I want them!!!) <3

    Enjoyed this, Molly:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your answers, Elanor!

      Right?! I'm glad that the movie at least has one, because it kind of makes up for the lack of a proposal scene in the novel. :)

      Haha yes, it drives me crazy when I see someone doing that!

      I'm still not over how gorgeous those editions of the Anne books are! I'm so happy to have them on my bookshelf. I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying a set of your own! :)

      I'm glad you enjoyed this post, and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. This tag looks super cool! We have the same bookish pet peeve. ;) so frustrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! It drives me batty when I see someone holding their book like that!

      Thanks for your comment, Abi!

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely answers Molly!!! <3 <3 Loved this.

    Thank you for doing the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me, Rachel! These questions were so much fun to answer. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly can't remember if I commented on this. I don't think I did. Last time I was reading blog posts I had to stop somewhere in the middle and I think I read this post but didn't comment.
    ANYWAY
    Yes, I definitely agree about Northanger Abbey! We could use a sweet proposal scene.

    I like Elinor. :D

    That's so cool! I LOVED American Girl.

    PERSUASION IS AMAZING
    I have your review in one of the maaaaannny blog post tabs I have open to read. :D

    I love those covers, JA Devotional looks amazing!
    Agree with answer no. 9.

    About your last answer--yes!!! I hadn't quite thought of that but I TOTALLY agree.

    Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no, you hadn't commented yet, but that's perfectly fine! :)

      Glad you agree that Northanger Abbey could use a proposal scene!

      Elinor is such a great character! Although I've kind of changed my mind since then about being similar to her...haha!

      I adored American Girl as a kid, too! Now that my younger sisters are into it I can live vicariously through them. ;)

      I can totally relate to having TONS of blog post tabs open! Especially when I haven't been on in a while--it can be so overwhelming!

      The JA Devotional is wonderful! Definitely check it out if you get the chance. :)

      Thanks for your comment, Rae!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)