Little Women Blog Party Tag - My Answers

Happy Friday, everyone! I meant to have my answers to the Little Women Blog Party tag up sooner than this, but until now it's been hard for me to find time to get around to it. But the week isn't over yet, so it's all good!

Anywho, I'll quit rambling now and get into my answers. :D

1.) Is there anything from the book that you wish were in the movie?


Maybe the scene where the girls go to the picnic with Laurie and his friends from Europe? I think that's a fun part in the book.

I also really agree with Elanor's answer to this question: more Amy and Laurie would have been nice! While their relationship kind of seemed like an afterthought even in the novel, in the 1994 film it felt even more like they had just been suddenly thrown together.

2.) If you could change one point of the plot, which would it be?


Now, I must be honest here! Throw tomatoes at me if you will, but I'm still kind of torn over Jo and Laurie not ending up together. I mean, I can see how Jo and Professor Bhaer make a sweet couple, and Laurie, if I remember correctly, wasn't exactly at his best when he proposed, but still. All throughout the first half of the story I thought Jo and Laurie would make such a sweet couple, and I must say that I wouldn't at all have minded if a few years after his first proposal, when he and Jo had grown and matured a bit, Laurie had asked her to marry him again. I'm just not 100% sold on Laurie ending up with Amy, and Jo with Professor Bhaer.


*ducks to avoid all the tomatoes that are surely being thrown at me by now* ;P

3.) In Chapter 13, the March sisters and Laurie talk about “Castles in the Air”, basically their unrealistic but lovely hopes and dreams. What is your castle in the air?

Hmm... I would absolutely love to someday be an illustrator and stay-at-home, homeschooling mom. That would be a dream. <3

4.) What would you most like to see in a new adaptation of Little Women, whether in book or film?

Any specific actors, setting, or time period changes?

For a new film adaptation, closer accuracy to the book would be great! And as to a new book adaptation, I wouldn't mind reading a modern-day story inspired by Little Women--that is, as long as it's well-written and does justice to the original novel!

5.) What is your favorite dress from the movie?


I think Meg's blue afternoon dress is beautiful.




6.) Which March sister(s) do you relate to most?


I'd have to say that I relate to Meg the most. We're both the oldest of four siblings, and can tend to mother-hen them at times. And like Meg, I can also fall into the habit of comparing myself to others and caring a little too much about what others think of me (something I am definitely trying to work on!).



7.) Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Little Women?


The only version I've seen so far is the 1994 version, so I guess that is my answer by default! And I do really like that adaptation, even if I do think certain aspects of it could be better. Overall, I feel like it does quite a good job at bringing the story to life, and for the most part, the characters are all cast very well!

8.) What is your favorite quote from Little Women? (Movie quotes count!)


I already shared one of my very favorites in this post, but another quote that I love is "Life and love are very precious when both are in full bloom." I also really like this one from Amy: "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship."

Another quote that I think is just so funny is this one: "Jo's nineteen hair-pins all seemed stuck straight into her head, which was not exactly comfortable; but, dear me, let us be elegant or die!" ;P


I actually illustrated this quote for my Etsy shop! A customer purchased it recently to use in her daughter's nursery, which I think is just so awesome. Hooray for introducing classic literature to kids early on! :D

9.) Do you have a favorite scene from Little Women?


I think the beginning of the book is lovely in all its Christmas coziness. I also really love the ball scene shortly thereafter, where Jo first meets Laurie and they display their very impressive dancing skills. ;P



10.) Aside from the March sisters, who is your favorite character from the story?


I really love Marmee/Mrs. March. She's just a wonderful character, and such a kind, encouraging mother to Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. Laurie is a delight, too! He's such a goofball, and I love his and Jo's sweet friendship. :)


Welp, there are my answers! I hope you enjoyed reading them. And thank you so much to everyone who has done this tag already! I've loved reading your posts, and if you haven't had a chance to do this tag yourself yet, it isn't too late. You can find all the questions in one place here, and once you finish your post, just be sure to leave a comment with a link to it so that Abby and I can do an end-of-the-week link-up. :D

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend, celebrating the resurrection of our incredible Savior!

Much love,
Molly

Comments

  1. Loooove this :)! I can't wait until you link up to all the posts at the end of the week :)! I probably would have filled out the tag if I hadn't been out-of-town for so long. Oh well!

    One thing I disagree on, though. I don't think Laurie should have married either sister. *ducks because I am going to get way more tomatoes than you* I don't know, I have never liked it...

    Oh, and I tagged you on my blog :)!

    I tagged you over on my blog :)!

    Rejoicing in Hope,
    Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post, Bri! I'm sure you'll love reading everyone else's answers too when I do the link-up post. :)

      I can see why you would think that! Maybe it's because it just seems a little odd for a character to marry the younger sister of the girl that he used to be head-over-heels for? I don't know. I really do wish their relationship was gone into more detail in the novel, so that I could better appreciate it!

      Aww, thank you so much for tagging me, Bri! I will have to check it out. :D

      Delete
  2. I love your illustrated quote! So Springy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Livia! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Love that quote, and you illustrated it so beautifully! <3 And I so enjoyed your other answers as well--we agree on so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Elanor! I'm so happy you like it. :D And I'm glad we agree on so many of our answers! #kindredspirits ;)

      Delete
  4. I think I relate most to Meg, too! I WANT to relate to Beth the most, but . . . still some work to be done before that could happen. ;)

    And hey, don't fear the rotten tomatoes! We're all entitled to our own opinions on the Jo/Laurie issue. Personally, I'm with Alcott, but I'll admit that there ARE moments where I alllmost wish we both changed our minds. ;-P

    I hope you can have your dream someday! You're very talented, so I can see it. <3

    Love those quotes you used, too -- awwwwww. <3

    I enjoyed reading your answers!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! It seems like quite a few people who have done the tag can relate to Meg the most. :) But yes, being able to relate to Beth the most would be ideal; she's such a sweetheart!

      Haha, thanks! I've gone back and forth on the subject, and sometimes I'm not quite sure what to think. I should probably read the second half of the book again, as it's been a while!

      Aww, thank you so much, Olivia! That's so very sweet of you to say. <3

      They really are such great quotes, right?

      I'm glad you enjoyed this post, Olivia! And thank you so much for your sweet comment! :)

      Delete
  5. We have the same favorite dress! It is soooo pretty...

    That is such a cool dream! Good luck! <3

    Don't worry, you won't get any rotten tomatoes from me. It took me awhile to get used to it, too.

    Thanks for hosting this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's beautiful. <3

      Aww, thank you so much, MovieCritic!

      Haha, thanks! I'll probably come to my senses sometime, too. I really need to reread the second half of the book again!

      You are so welcome! I'm so glad you joined in. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)