Sunshine Blogger Award

So Elanor tagged me with the Sunshine Blogger Award over a month ago, and here I am just now getting around to it! Talk about being on top of things, right? ;P (Who else is super grateful for tags to fall back on when you're in the mood for blogging but don't have any post ideas in mind? I sure am! ;))

Anywho, let's go ahead and get into my answers!


What inspired you to start a blog, and how did you come up with your blog’s title?

Well, I've always liked the idea of blogging. In fact, I actually had a couple of other blogs before this one, but I never stuck with any of them because I wasn't writing about what I loved. So I suppose the reason I started A Ramble Through the Woods was because I finally realized what it was I wanted to share with other like-minded people--books and period dramas, anything Jane Austen and Anne of Green Gables, knitting projects, art, and photography. I've finally found my blogging niche, and I love it because it's me! 

As to how I came up with the title of my blog, it's inspired by a quote from Anne of the Island. I actually talked about it on my about page, so you can hop over there if you'd like to read all about it! (Fun fact: my blog was originally called Stars and Butterflies, which is the title of a song from the P&P '05 soundtrack, but I changed it soon after starting my blog to A Ramble Through the Woods, and I like it much better!)

Can you do a cartwheel?

Why yes, I certainly can! I used to do them all the time when I was younger.

If you could live in any fictional story world you wanted to, what would you choose? 

I think Avonlea would be such a beautiful, peaceful place to live in, with all of its stunning scenery. (How amazing would it be if we could plan a blogger getaway to Prince Edward Island, Canada, where we could all meet each other and visit the very place where L.M. Montgomery based the Anne series upon?! #agirlcandream)



Would you consider yourself good in the kitchen?

I'd like to think I am, although there's always room for improvement! I love helping prepare lunch and dinner, and baking delicious treats, particularly cookies. 

What is something (new hobby, skill, etc.) that you would love to learn?

I would love to pick up embroidering. I've seen some really beautiful examples of embroidery hoops, and I would absolutely love to give it a whirl myself someday. 



Do you have any advice you would give to beginning bloggers to make their blog the best it can be?

Be yourself and write about what you love! Blogging should be a fun creative outlet, and you won't enjoy it nearly as much if you're not sharing things you're interested in.

Also, don't be afraid to comment on other bloggers' posts! It makes blogging so much more enjoyable when you find a community of kindred spirits who share your interests, and with whom you can fun conversations about very important subjects, such as which Austen hero is the best. ;P

What was your favorite childhood story? What is your favorite story now?

One story that comes to mind that I loved as a child was "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." I watched the movie over and over, and eventually started reading the books and fell in love with them. I still adore the series, and I really need to reread them sometime!

As to my favorite story now, I honestly don't know! I have far too many favorites for me to choose just one. (I think you can guess what some of them are from my blog posts, though! ;))



Do you have a favorite Bible verse right now? Why is it your favorite?

I have quite a few favorite Bible verses, but one that I've been trying to keep in mind lately is Psalm 19:14, which says "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." It's such an excellent reminder to really pay attention to how you speak and think, and make sure that they honoring and pleasing to God.

If you could have a super power, what would you choose and why?

Hmm.... Well, I've always thought the ability to fly would be cool, so I suppose I'll go with that. (I really put a lot of thought into that answer, didn't I? ;P)

You can only have one meal – one main dish, two sides, and one dessert – for the rest of your life. What is it?

Okay, this is a really tough question because I love food! However, I shall try my best. ;)

I think maybe I'll go with tacos or quesadillas for my main dish, because I love Mexican food and could probably eat it all the time, anyways. For my two sides, I'll say chips and salsa, to go along with the meal, and also some fruit, like apples or grapes, to balance things out. As for dessert, let's go with oatmeal raisin cookies; they're my very favorite!



Do you like to have your picture taken?

I mean, I don't really mind having my picture taken, but it's not like I love it, either. For the most part, I prefer being behind the camera over being in front of it. :)



Thanks so much for the fun tag, Elanor! I really enjoyed answering these questions, and I hope you all enjoyed reading them as well. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Molly <3

Comments

  1. Nice answers!

    The Chronicles of Narnia is my favorite series! I love it so much. :)

    And.... going to Prince Edward Island would be amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MovieCritic!

      I'm so glad you love the Narnia books, too!

      Right?! We need to make that happen! :D

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS, WE NEED TO MAKE THAT BLOGGER GETAWAY A THING!!! THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING!!!

    That is a great verse!! Psalms has so many good ones!!

    Lovely post Molly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! We should totally make it a thing! That would be so awesome. ;)

      Yes, Psalms is just bursting with beautiful, encouraging verses!

      Thank you so much, Miss Woodhouse! Glad you enjoyed this. :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I could hit "like" on all of those answers! :) I really like the Canada trip idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Abby! :) Glad you like the trip to PEI idea! It's definitely wishful thinking, but it really would be so much fun! ;)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I love the inspiration you had for the name of your blog; it's so clever! :) Ooh, I've been wanting to do some embroidery too, it looks so pretty. And oh my goodness, going to PEI for a blogger getaway would be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Danielle!

      I'm glad you like the story behind my blog name! :)

      Yes, wouldn't it be so much fun to learn how to embroider? I really would love to do it someday.

      I know, right?! It would be so incredibly fun. :D

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this! I could comment on it all, but
    "(How amazing would it be if we could plan a blogger getaway to Prince Edward Island, Canada, where we could all meet each other and visit the very place where L.M. Montgomery based the Anne series upon?! #agirlcandream)"
    I TOTALLY AGREE. I've been saying this for a while, and jokingly planning it. (I may have even said something like that to you; I can't remember who I've jokingly discussed it with!) LET'S DO IT. SOMEDAY. Maybe when we're all old and rich, but let's make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Rae! I'm glad you enjoyed this post. :)

      YAY, I'm so glad you like the fanciful idea of a PEI trip! You know, maybe you did jokingly discuss it with me once...I can't remember, but sorry if I took it from you! :) But YES, maybe later on down the road we could do it, and fondly reminisce about our old blogging days. ;P

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Anne Shirley loves Octobers. (In other words, they're one of my favorite things!) Just be sure to click the "Notify Me" button, as I try my best to respond to every comment! Thank you. :)